Smart Places & Communities
Wednesday 21 June to Friday 23 June
Time: 11:00-12:30 each morning via Teams Live
Harnessing tech and data for smarter cities, places and communities
Smart cities and rural places are evolving at pace as authorities harness real time data and ever improving connectivity to improve both their citizens lives and the environment. From smart mobility and travel systems to smart bins, air quality and road sensors, foundations are being laid across the country involving 5G, LoRaWAN and public WiFi. Councils are also building on the digital confidence gained across communities during covid to empower communities to connect and communicate as they build a smart future together.
Last year over 150 public sector delegates registered to join UKAuthority’s Smart Places & Communities virtual conference which explored the innovations and transformation powering front-line services. Speakers included:
- Andrew Parsons, IoT Programme Manager, South London Partnership
- Aruj Haider, Chief Digital & Innovation Officer, Westminster City Council
- Chris Howarth, Local Government Sector Lead, Alteryx
- Dr Colin Birchenall, CTO, Digital Office for Scottish Local Government
- David Grasty, Corporate Head of Digital Strategy & Portfolio, Kingston Upon Thames Council
- Jenny Nelson, Head of ICT and Digital Transformation, Newcastle City Council
- Dr Johanne Parker, Information & Intelligence Manager, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Julie McCann, Professor of Computer Systems, Imperial College
- Linda Chandler, Smart City Lead, Microsoft
- Liz St Louis, Assistant Director of Smart Cities, Sunderland City Council
- Phil Beecher, President & CEO, Wi-SUN Alliance
- Philip Maguire, Chief Executive Officer, Inakalum
- Robert Goldsmith, GIS & Mapping Manager, Devon and Cornwall Police
- Sumitra Appan, UK Public Sector Lead, Precisely
- Tim Kidd, Head of UK Public Sector, Hitachi Solutions
Read up on last year’s conference briefing paper here
Next year's agenda is currently under construction - for information about speaker and partner opportunities, contact [email protected]
Who should attend?
Suggested, but not limited to, Chief Information Officers, Heads of IT, Assistant and Chief Executives, Members, Heads of Digital and Digital Leaders, Heads of Smart Initiatives, Data Leaders, Transformation and Change, Customer Insight, Finance, Strategy and Corporate Services, Departmental Service Heads/Senior Managers.
This event is free to attend for the public sector. Please register using your public sector email – registrations from personal email addresses may be rejected.
UKAuthority has full editorial control of this event thanks to support from our partners. By registering for this event you agree to the sharing of your name, organisation, job title and work email address with the UKAuthority editorial team and partner organisations supporting this event. If you do not wish this information to be shared, please let us know by emailing: [email protected]