UKAuthority Smart Places, Smart People - 12 July 2019
Friday 12 July 2019
99 City Road Conference Centre, Inmarsat, Old Street, London, EC1Y 1AX
Govtech, digital & data for the public good
What progress is the UK making towards the development of Smart Places – cities, rural areas and regions? What is the ultimate goal? How can we build IoT, smart devices and smart services into our public services from the ground up? And what are the foundation stones for delivering this?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Scott Corfe, Chief Economist, Social Market Foundation
- Jenny Nelson, Digital Newcastle - Programme Manager, Newcastle City Council
- Hayley Ash, REPLICATE Programme Manager, Bristol City Council
- Nathan Pierce, Programme Director for Sharing Cities, Greater London Authority
- Paul Armstrong, Digital Newcastle and Smart Cities Technical Architect, Newcastle City Council
- Daniel Clarke, Smart Cambridge Programme, Cambridgeshire County Council
This event is free to attend for the public sector – you must use a valid public sector email address when registering.
Who should attend?
Assistant and Chief Executives, Members, Digital Leaders, Chief Information Officers, Heads of IT, Heads of Customer Services, Transformation or Change, Heads of Finance and HR, Departmental Service Heads/Senior Managers
For a flavour of UKAuthority events visit the Data4Good 2018 hub.
Partnership & Speaking Opportunities
Contact Helen Olsen Bedford to discuss how your organisation can be involved with this event and showcase its UK Smart Places success: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Old Street (Northern Line) is 1 minute walk
- Once you are at Old Street Tube follow the signs for Subway 2 and proceed along the covered ramp walkway. This will lead you directly to the building entrance.
BY NATIONAL RAIL
Liverpool Street 12 mins
London Bridge 9 mins
Kings Cross 9 mins
Charing Cross17 mins
Paddington 35 mins
Marylebone 30 mins
Victoria 13 mins
Waterloo 12 mins
Our taxi collection and drop off point is located on Cowper Street NOT City Road. The postcode for Cowper Street is EC2A 4AP. Inmarsat is located at the end of Cowper Street on your right.
There is no parking at 99 City Road. There are two secure parking facilities close to Inmarsat.
- Union Car Parks on Clere Street, EC2A 4UY. 5 minute walk to Inmarsat
- NCP at Finsbury Square, EC2A 1AD. 7 minute walk to Inmarsat