Does the new working normal need a different type of built in resilience?
As Covid-19 hit, IT and digital departments across the country pulled out the disaster recovery plan – but how many had planned for an immediate and mass shift to working from home? Were those already well down the road on the cloud journey at an advantage? Has it also shifted the focus from ‘disaster recovery’ to planning for ‘business continuity’?
Catch up with what our UKA Live expert panel had to say:
On the panel:
- Colonel M C Cornell, Assistant Head - Information Application Services, British Army
- Carol Williams, Head of ICT and SIRO, Walsall Council / Chair of Socitm West Midlands Region
- Owen Powell, Chief Information Officer, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Spencer Sutton, Solution Architect, Rackspace Technology
- Helen Olsen Bedford, UKAuthority (host)
UKAuthority and Rackspace Technology have collaborated on a series of reports and papers in 2020 investigating key issues for public sector technology, digital and data. You can read more about how Covid has necessitated a switch in focus from recovery to continuity in the briefing note, 'Covid, a new dimension for business continuity'. Complete the form to the left to download