The Digital Authority Forum, hosted by UKAuthority and Municipal Journal, provided a practical, interactive forum to debate the future of digital leadership across local government.
Partnered by the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (Solace), the forum explored the importance of 'leadership from the top' if digital is to deliver its full value to local services.
It provided a platform for discussions on how data and digital technology relates to the leadership of local authorities. Martin Reeves, chief executive of Coventry City Council and spokesperson on digital leadership for Solace, said: “It's a platform for robust exchanges not just within local government, but across central government, agencies, academics and the commercial sector.”
Watch videos of the presentations:
- Martin Reeves, CIO, Coventry Council and spokesperson on digital leadership, Solace
Council leader says not using data potential is a "denigration of responsibility".
- Geoff Connell CIO, oneSource (Newham and Havering Councils) and president, Socitm
Newham creates millions of pounds from landlord licence service.
- Dr Mark Thompson, Judge Business School, Cambridge and strategy director, Methods Group
Developing bespoke IT like "knitting your own underpants"
- Dylan Roberts, CIO, Leeds City Council and chair, Local CIO Council
Leeds shares insights into its 'lego brick' style health platform.
- John Jackson, chief executive, London Grid for Learning
Common procurement solution for London schools saves £300 million.
- Stacey Egerton, lead policy officer, Information Commissioner's OfficeMisconceptions around data law are putting fear into organisations.
- William Barker, deputy technology leader, Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)Cyber security is not just for the IT department.
- Stephen Baker, chief executive, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney district councilsOpen data and the role of the chief executive.
- Eric Applewhite, programme director, GM Connect
Devolution and data sharing, Greater Manchester style.
- Charlotte Buckley, deputy director, local insight and resilience, Department of Health, and Terry Dafter, care and health improvement adviser, Local Government Association
Integrating health and social care: an update from the LGA and Department of Health.
- Daniel Leatherdale, psychologist, consultant and managing director, Open Space LearningDesign for people not machines, psychologist tells local government leaders.
- Ian O'Donnell, executive director of corporate services, London Borough of Ealing
Estimates on local government fraud "too low", says council director.
Panel debate - government experts share digital leadership insights: 'Quality conversations' and an emphasis on outcomes are needed to overcome the cultural hurdles and siloed budgets in the way of digital transformation
The Digital Authority Forum: Leadership & the Digital Agenda in May 2016 provided a practical, interactive forum to help shape the future of digital leadership across local government.
Digital Authority Forum: Local Cyber Resilience takes place on 7th December in London