Local Digital Campaign
The Department for Communities and Local Government's Local Digital initiative fosters the development of faster, better, cheaper local digital services that people choose to use.
The Campaign aims to amplify the best of local and central government service innovation, learning and development across the sector in order to drive digital culture change nationally and accelerate the delivery of more for less.
Based on UKAuthority integrated media channels, the Local Digital Campaign provides the digital communications and engagement interface for this initiative between central government and local government, facilitating the free flow of information, skills and digital assets.
Specifically, the Campaign will utilise: physical events, web news channel, Internet TV, interactive webcasts, social media, email updates and eNewsletters to engage chief executives, CIOs, senior management, digital leaders and practitioners across the UK's 433 councils – including heads of customer service, transformation and the major service heads, finance and procurement, technology and digital teams. Police, fire, health and related central government teams from UKAuthority's 30,250 public sector decision maker database will also be engaged, along with key user groups and the supplier community. A key goal is creation of a sustainable Local Digital Community of Thought Leaders.
Local Digital Campaign: Delivering innovation and thought leadership emerging from DCLG's Local Digital programme of ground breaking events:
- Discovery Days: central-local collaboration for end to end public services
- Futures: horizon scanning for future digital impact
- Hot Topics: learning and sharing the foundations for digital success
- Thought Leadership: debates and executive briefings
- Ask Local: consultation, examples of excellence, digital take up, digital inclusion and assisted digital
Sharing current Local Digital best practice:
- Really Useful Days: from strategy into reality for practitioners and suppliers
- Local Digital Community: celebrating examples of excellence
- Sponsor Focus: supplier insight, education and engagement
Key Local Digital Campaign messages:
- Digital will deliver better, and more, local services for less cost
- Leadership is essential both within the organisation, and across the sector
- Digital collaboration across the public sector will deliver significant additional savings
- Success can be accelerated through sharing experience, skills and digital assets
- New ways of procuring technology, common standards and new agile methodologies will underpin cost savings
- Digital service take-up will be driven by understanding the user journey and integrating services around the user
- Digital inclusion and assisted digital services are an essential part of this journey for our society
The Campaign will communicate all key messages, themes and outcomes from both Local Digital as well as complementary outputs / activities of the Local Digital Alliance and other key organisations (eg Local Government Association, Local CIO Council, Local Government Delivery Board, Local Government Contact Council, Socitm, Solace, Cipfa, Sopo, Local Gov Digital and the Local e-Government Standards Body), central government departments with close links to local service delivery (eg DCLG, Cabinet Office and the Government Digital Service, BIS, DCMS, DWP), key user organisations, supplier and industry sponsors.
UKAuthority is contracted to partner DCLG in delivering the Local Digital Campaign. The campaign is funded through DCLG resource and matched funding from the supplier community in the form of Campaign Sponsorship. A specific aim is to create a representative but 'vendor neutral' space by engaging with ten large and ten SME key players in the sector.
For further information about the Local Digital Campaign or about participating as a Campaign Sponsor, contact: